Students ‘show no fear’ for school project
- Credit: Archant
Design and technology students recreated the Academy Awards ceremony in a school project.
Gordano School pupils studying textiles and product design were tasked with organising an event with a theme of their choice.
The youngsters chose The Oscars as their inspiration, and they were responsible for everything from set design and decoration to ensuring the event went off without a hitch on the night.
An audience of more than 150 people were treated to canapés and gold-dusted cake pops before the show started in style.
Outfits made by the students were modelled on the catwalk, with students from all year groups taking part.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: "The garments embraced innovative ideas based on history of fashion, artists, travel and more. All the models were fantastic and showed no fear when faced with more than 150 guests ."
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder