Students ‘show no fear’ for school project
- Credit: Archant
Design and technology students recreated the Academy Awards ceremony in a school project.
Gordano School pupils studying textiles and product design were tasked with organising an event with a theme of their choice.
The youngsters chose The Oscars as their inspiration, and they were responsible for everything from set design and decoration to ensuring the event went off without a hitch on the night.
An audience of more than 150 people were treated to canapés and gold-dusted cake pops before the show started in style.
Outfits made by the students were modelled on the catwalk, with students from all year groups taking part.
A school spokesman said: "The garments embraced innovative ideas based on history of fashion, artists, travel and more. All the models were fantastic and showed no fear when faced with more than 150 guests ."
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 3 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports