Students ‘show no fear’ for school project
- Credit: Archant
Design and technology students recreated the Academy Awards ceremony in a school project.
Gordano School pupils studying textiles and product design were tasked with organising an event with a theme of their choice.
The youngsters chose The Oscars as their inspiration, and they were responsible for everything from set design and decoration to ensuring the event went off without a hitch on the night.
An audience of more than 150 people were treated to canapés and gold-dusted cake pops before the show started in style.
Outfits made by the students were modelled on the catwalk, with students from all year groups taking part.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: "The garments embraced innovative ideas based on history of fashion, artists, travel and more. All the models were fantastic and showed no fear when faced with more than 150 guests ."
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 7 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities