Students ‘show no fear’ for school project
- Credit: Archant
Design and technology students recreated the Academy Awards ceremony in a school project.
Gordano School pupils studying textiles and product design were tasked with organising an event with a theme of their choice.
The youngsters chose The Oscars as their inspiration, and they were responsible for everything from set design and decoration to ensuring the event went off without a hitch on the night.
An audience of more than 150 people were treated to canapés and gold-dusted cake pops before the show started in style.
Outfits made by the students were modelled on the catwalk, with students from all year groups taking part.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: "The garments embraced innovative ideas based on history of fashion, artists, travel and more. All the models were fantastic and showed no fear when faced with more than 150 guests ."
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 9 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 10 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future