A taste of Ethiopia
Sample the tastes and tipples of Ethiopia at a special cultural event at Backwell School
VISITORS are being invited to sample a taste of Ethiopia at a cultural evening at Backwell School.
On June 29 the school will be serving Ethiopian food, a live band from Ghana will be playing and an Ethiopian coffee ceremony will also be held.
Two members of Backwell’s staff and two sixth form students have just returned from 10 days in Ethiopia where they helped to teach English at a local school and kindergarten. The pupils will be sharing their experiences from visiting the country at the event.
All are welcome to go along from 7pm and tickets, priced �12, are available from the school reception or students.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will go towards buying back packs for the staff of Angereb School.
- 1 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 5 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 6 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 7 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 8 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 9 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 10 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave