A taste of Ethiopia
Sample the tastes and tipples of Ethiopia at a special cultural event at Backwell School
VISITORS are being invited to sample a taste of Ethiopia at a cultural evening at Backwell School.
On June 29 the school will be serving Ethiopian food, a live band from Ghana will be playing and an Ethiopian coffee ceremony will also be held.
Two members of Backwell’s staff and two sixth form students have just returned from 10 days in Ethiopia where they helped to teach English at a local school and kindergarten. The pupils will be sharing their experiences from visiting the country at the event.
All are welcome to go along from 7pm and tickets, priced �12, are available from the school reception or students.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will go towards buying back packs for the staff of Angereb School.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 10 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders