A taste of Ethiopia
Sample the tastes and tipples of Ethiopia at a special cultural event at Backwell School
VISITORS are being invited to sample a taste of Ethiopia at a cultural evening at Backwell School.
On June 29 the school will be serving Ethiopian food, a live band from Ghana will be playing and an Ethiopian coffee ceremony will also be held.
Two members of Backwell’s staff and two sixth form students have just returned from 10 days in Ethiopia where they helped to teach English at a local school and kindergarten. The pupils will be sharing their experiences from visiting the country at the event.
All are welcome to go along from 7pm and tickets, priced �12, are available from the school reception or students.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will go towards buying back packs for the staff of Angereb School.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer