A taste of Ethiopia
Sample the tastes and tipples of Ethiopia at a special cultural event at Backwell School
VISITORS are being invited to sample a taste of Ethiopia at a cultural evening at Backwell School.
On June 29 the school will be serving Ethiopian food, a live band from Ghana will be playing and an Ethiopian coffee ceremony will also be held.
Two members of Backwell’s staff and two sixth form students have just returned from 10 days in Ethiopia where they helped to teach English at a local school and kindergarten. The pupils will be sharing their experiences from visiting the country at the event.
All are welcome to go along from 7pm and tickets, priced �12, are available from the school reception or students.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will go towards buying back packs for the staff of Angereb School.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway