A-level results: Nailsea School delighted with improved results
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Nailsea School are delighted with improved A-level results this year.
The number of A*-C results was 72 per cent - an improvement on last year’s results by more than 10 per cent.
The overall pass rate for students was 99 per cent and almost a quarter of the results were A* or A grades.
Headteacher Chris Wade said: “In a time of great change in the A-level syllabus, I am so pleased that the hard work and dedication of our staff and students has resulted in such improvement in every measure.
“I am so proud of the achievements of all our students whatever their final grade and to have an overall pass rate of over 99 per cent is fantastic”.
You may also want to watch:
School presidents Alex George and Ann Dumbell did exceptionally well with Alex achieving two A*s and an A and Ann getting three As and a C.
Other top achievers include Emma Sudol with an A* and three As, Katie Smith with four A grades, Archie Bailey with one A* an A and a B, Georgia Clarke with one A* an A and a C and and Hannah Barratt, Chloe Camsell and Jess Simmons all achieving two As and a B.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 7 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up