A-level results: Nailsea School delighted with improved results
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Nailsea School are delighted with improved A-level results this year.
The number of A*-C results was 72 per cent - an improvement on last year’s results by more than 10 per cent.
The overall pass rate for students was 99 per cent and almost a quarter of the results were A* or A grades.
Headteacher Chris Wade said: “In a time of great change in the A-level syllabus, I am so pleased that the hard work and dedication of our staff and students has resulted in such improvement in every measure.
“I am so proud of the achievements of all our students whatever their final grade and to have an overall pass rate of over 99 per cent is fantastic”.
You may also want to watch:
School presidents Alex George and Ann Dumbell did exceptionally well with Alex achieving two A*s and an A and Ann getting three As and a C.
Other top achievers include Emma Sudol with an A* and three As, Katie Smith with four A grades, Archie Bailey with one A* an A and a B, Georgia Clarke with one A* an A and a C and and Hannah Barratt, Chloe Camsell and Jess Simmons all achieving two As and a B.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset