A-level results: Nailsea School delighted with improved results
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Nailsea School are delighted with improved A-level results this year.
The number of A*-C results was 72 per cent - an improvement on last year’s results by more than 10 per cent.
The overall pass rate for students was 99 per cent and almost a quarter of the results were A* or A grades.
Headteacher Chris Wade said: “In a time of great change in the A-level syllabus, I am so pleased that the hard work and dedication of our staff and students has resulted in such improvement in every measure.
“I am so proud of the achievements of all our students whatever their final grade and to have an overall pass rate of over 99 per cent is fantastic”.
You may also want to watch:
School presidents Alex George and Ann Dumbell did exceptionally well with Alex achieving two A*s and an A and Ann getting three As and a C.
Other top achievers include Emma Sudol with an A* and three As, Katie Smith with four A grades, Archie Bailey with one A* an A and a B, Georgia Clarke with one A* an A and a C and and Hannah Barratt, Chloe Camsell and Jess Simmons all achieving two As and a B.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 7 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 8 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call