A-level results: Gordano School headteacher proud of grades
- Credit: Archant
Happy smiling faces filled Gordano School’s main hall, as delighted teenagers picked up excellent A-level results today (Thursday).
Half of exams marked were A*-B, with about 20 per cent of them being the top two grades.
The majority of students at the Portishead secondary school got into their first choice university or into apprenticeships.
Headteacher Gary Lewis said he was really proud of the students.
He said: “The message about the need for skilled and creative people in our country’s workforce is clearly getting through as we have seen record numbers of students achieve places at university in engineering and design courses.
You may also want to watch:
“Education is the wisest investment any of us can make and I’m delighted to see our students being rewarded for their work and commitment.”
* Send your pictures from results day to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet them to @NSomTimes.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative