A-level results: ‘Exceptional’ performances at St Katherine’s School
- Credit: Archant
Students collecting their A-level results at St Katherine’s School, in Pill, have achieved a record number of A* grades this year.
Some 18 per cent of grades are of an A*-A standard and the school says the number of A* grades achieved is the highest it has even seen.
The school also had an overall pass rate of 97 per cent, with 37 per cent of pupils achieving A*-B grades.
Head of sixth form Yusif Ibrahim said the students had all worked incredibly hard.
Mr Ibrahim said: “There have been many exceptional performances which are testament to the dedication and perseverance shown by our students, as well as teachers and parents.
You may also want to watch:
“Our year 13s are now successfully moving onto university places, as well as apprenticeship and employment pathways.”
* For more A-level results coverage pick up a copy of next week’s Times.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun