A-level results: ‘Exceptional’ performances at St Katherine’s School
- Credit: Archant
Students collecting their A-level results at St Katherine’s School, in Pill, have achieved a record number of A* grades this year.
Some 18 per cent of grades are of an A*-A standard and the school says the number of A* grades achieved is the highest it has even seen.
The school also had an overall pass rate of 97 per cent, with 37 per cent of pupils achieving A*-B grades.
Head of sixth form Yusif Ibrahim said the students had all worked incredibly hard.
Mr Ibrahim said: “There have been many exceptional performances which are testament to the dedication and perseverance shown by our students, as well as teachers and parents.
You may also want to watch:
“Our year 13s are now successfully moving onto university places, as well as apprenticeship and employment pathways.”
* For more A-level results coverage pick up a copy of next week’s Times.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 8 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village