A-level results: ‘Exceptional’ performances at St Katherine’s School
- Credit: Archant
Students collecting their A-level results at St Katherine’s School, in Pill, have achieved a record number of A* grades this year.
Some 18 per cent of grades are of an A*-A standard and the school says the number of A* grades achieved is the highest it has even seen.
The school also had an overall pass rate of 97 per cent, with 37 per cent of pupils achieving A*-B grades.
Head of sixth form Yusif Ibrahim said the students had all worked incredibly hard.
Mr Ibrahim said: “There have been many exceptional performances which are testament to the dedication and perseverance shown by our students, as well as teachers and parents.
You may also want to watch:
“Our year 13s are now successfully moving onto university places, as well as apprenticeship and employment pathways.”
* For more A-level results coverage pick up a copy of next week’s Times.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style