A-level results: Clevedon School’s ‘pride’ at students’ ‘excellent’ results
- Credit: Archant
Students at Clevedon School collected their A-level results this morning (Thursday) as their time at the school officially came to an end.
Some 21 per cent of students achieved the top A*-A grades and will be starting courses at a range of universities next month.
The Valley Road school had an overall pass rate of 97 per cent this year – down from last year’s 100 per cent pass rate – and 74 per cent of pupils achieved A*-C grades.
The school’s head of sixth form, Jeremy Newall, said teachers were delighted with how students had performed.
He said: “They have every reason to feel very proud of their excellent achievements, and equally as impressive has
You may also want to watch:
been the way they have supported each other and younger members of the school.”
* For more A-level results coverage pick up a copy of next week’s Times.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up