A-level results: Clevedon School’s ‘pride’ at students’ ‘excellent’ results
- Credit: Archant
Students at Clevedon School collected their A-level results this morning (Thursday) as their time at the school officially came to an end.
Some 21 per cent of students achieved the top A*-A grades and will be starting courses at a range of universities next month.
The Valley Road school had an overall pass rate of 97 per cent this year – down from last year’s 100 per cent pass rate – and 74 per cent of pupils achieved A*-C grades.
The school’s head of sixth form, Jeremy Newall, said teachers were delighted with how students had performed.
He said: “They have every reason to feel very proud of their excellent achievements, and equally as impressive has
You may also want to watch:
been the way they have supported each other and younger members of the school.”
* For more A-level results coverage pick up a copy of next week’s Times.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project