A-level results: Clevedon School’s ‘pride’ at students’ ‘excellent’ results
- Credit: Archant
Students at Clevedon School collected their A-level results this morning (Thursday) as their time at the school officially came to an end.
Some 21 per cent of students achieved the top A*-A grades and will be starting courses at a range of universities next month.
The Valley Road school had an overall pass rate of 97 per cent this year – down from last year’s 100 per cent pass rate – and 74 per cent of pupils achieved A*-C grades.
The school’s head of sixth form, Jeremy Newall, said teachers were delighted with how students had performed.
He said: “They have every reason to feel very proud of their excellent achievements, and equally as impressive has
You may also want to watch:
been the way they have supported each other and younger members of the school.”
* For more A-level results coverage pick up a copy of next week’s Times.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool