A-level results: Best grades for several years at Backwell Sixth Form
- Credit: Archant
Backwell School is celebrating its best A-level results for several years.
The overall pass rate this year was 99 per cent and 78 per cent of grades were marked A*-C.
More than one in five of all exam entries were graded at A* and 28 per cent were A* or A grades.
Teachers are delighted with pupils’ achievements this year. Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “Our students and staff have worked really hard for a long time to achieve these excellent results.
“Backwell is a large comprehensive sixth form, and the results show that all students can do really well here.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a group of tremendous young people who thoroughly deserve their successes.”
He added: “This are the best A-level results we’ve had for a number of years, which given the fact that they seem to be getting harder and harder makes it even more impressive.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 8 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 9 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
“Their faces say it all. We are really pleased. This year group has contributed so much to the school. They are a tremendous group of young people.”
Twenty-four students gained at least three A grades and five pupils - Alex Spies, James Wolstencroft, Joe Sullican, Izzy Jeffrey and Maddy Cox achieved three A* grades or more.
Among the happy students was head girl Ellen Exley who achieved three A grades. She said: “I’m really pleased with my exams results after two years of hard work.
“Now I’m excited to be going off to the University of Manchester to study law with politics. Thank you to the brilliant teachers at Backwell Sixth Form.”