A-level results: Best grades for several years at Backwell Sixth Form
- Credit: Archant
Backwell School is celebrating its best A-level results for several years.
The overall pass rate this year was 99 per cent and 78 per cent of grades were marked A*-C.
More than one in five of all exam entries were graded at A* and 28 per cent were A* or A grades.
Teachers are delighted with pupils’ achievements this year. Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “Our students and staff have worked really hard for a long time to achieve these excellent results.
“Backwell is a large comprehensive sixth form, and the results show that all students can do really well here.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a group of tremendous young people who thoroughly deserve their successes.”
He added: “This are the best A-level results we’ve had for a number of years, which given the fact that they seem to be getting harder and harder makes it even more impressive.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
“Their faces say it all. We are really pleased. This year group has contributed so much to the school. They are a tremendous group of young people.”
Twenty-four students gained at least three A grades and five pupils - Alex Spies, James Wolstencroft, Joe Sullican, Izzy Jeffrey and Maddy Cox achieved three A* grades or more.
Among the happy students was head girl Ellen Exley who achieved three A grades. She said: “I’m really pleased with my exams results after two years of hard work.
“Now I’m excited to be going off to the University of Manchester to study law with politics. Thank you to the brilliant teachers at Backwell Sixth Form.”