A-level results: Best grades for several years at Backwell Sixth Form
- Credit: Archant
Backwell School is celebrating its best A-level results for several years.
The overall pass rate this year was 99 per cent and 78 per cent of grades were marked A*-C.
More than one in five of all exam entries were graded at A* and 28 per cent were A* or A grades.
Teachers are delighted with pupils’ achievements this year. Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “Our students and staff have worked really hard for a long time to achieve these excellent results.
“Backwell is a large comprehensive sixth form, and the results show that all students can do really well here.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a group of tremendous young people who thoroughly deserve their successes.”
He added: “This are the best A-level results we’ve had for a number of years, which given the fact that they seem to be getting harder and harder makes it even more impressive.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
“Their faces say it all. We are really pleased. This year group has contributed so much to the school. They are a tremendous group of young people.”
Twenty-four students gained at least three A grades and five pupils - Alex Spies, James Wolstencroft, Joe Sullican, Izzy Jeffrey and Maddy Cox achieved three A* grades or more.
Among the happy students was head girl Ellen Exley who achieved three A grades. She said: “I’m really pleased with my exams results after two years of hard work.
“Now I’m excited to be going off to the University of Manchester to study law with politics. Thank you to the brilliant teachers at Backwell Sixth Form.”