School friends group raises almost £18k
- Credit: Archant
Hard work from supporters of a primary school has raised ‘invaluable’ cash to support students’ studies.
Portishead Primary Friends of School (PPFOS) has announced its efforts over the 2018/19 academic year raised £17,871.
The money was collected from a series of successful fundraisers, and has funded the school's Anti-Bullying Week, the completion of the school library, forest school resources and much more.
Richard Rioradan, headteacher, said "It is no secret that schools have come under a huge amount of financial pressure and our school has not escaped the harsh realities of what this means on the ground.
"The money PPFOS raises has become an invaluable source of income to us and makes a very critical difference to what we are able to offer."
You may also want to watch:
Jude Woodcock, chairman of PPFOS added: "We couldn't do any of this without the amazing support of our school and sponsors."
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 9 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 10 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week