School friends group raises almost £18k
- Credit: Archant
Hard work from supporters of a primary school has raised ‘invaluable’ cash to support students’ studies.
Portishead Primary Friends of School (PPFOS) has announced its efforts over the 2018/19 academic year raised £17,871.
The money was collected from a series of successful fundraisers, and has funded the school's Anti-Bullying Week, the completion of the school library, forest school resources and much more.
Richard Rioradan, headteacher, said "It is no secret that schools have come under a huge amount of financial pressure and our school has not escaped the harsh realities of what this means on the ground.
"The money PPFOS raises has become an invaluable source of income to us and makes a very critical difference to what we are able to offer."
You may also want to watch:
Jude Woodcock, chairman of PPFOS added: "We couldn't do any of this without the amazing support of our school and sponsors."
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder