100 per cent pass rate for Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils at Clevedon School achieved a 100 per cent pass rate in this year’s exams.
Results at the Valley Road school continue to impress with it more than doubling its target of students achieving A* grades.
Notable performances came from Jack Godfrey who achieved an A* grade in all 11 of his subjects, while Amy Douglas gained five A* grades and six As and Nick Bray achieved four A*s and seven As.
The overall percentage of pupils achieving at least five A*-C grades totalled 71 per cent and the proportion of those achieving at least five A*-Cs including English and maths totalled 55 per cent.
Headteacher John Wells said: “Today is a day to celebrate the achievements of our students and staff who have worked so hard.
“In common with many other schools, the volatility felt around GCSE examinations has impacted upon results so it is a real credit that students have achieved their grades this year.
“I am delighted that so many of them will now go on to study in our sixth form centre and have the challenge of beating our record-breaking A-level results from last week.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 8 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Protest to take place against 'dangerous' policing bill