100 per cent pass rate for Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils at Clevedon School achieved a 100 per cent pass rate in this year’s exams.
Results at the Valley Road school continue to impress with it more than doubling its target of students achieving A* grades.
Notable performances came from Jack Godfrey who achieved an A* grade in all 11 of his subjects, while Amy Douglas gained five A* grades and six As and Nick Bray achieved four A*s and seven As.
The overall percentage of pupils achieving at least five A*-C grades totalled 71 per cent and the proportion of those achieving at least five A*-Cs including English and maths totalled 55 per cent.
Headteacher John Wells said: “Today is a day to celebrate the achievements of our students and staff who have worked so hard.
You may also want to watch:
“In common with many other schools, the volatility felt around GCSE examinations has impacted upon results so it is a real credit that students have achieved their grades this year.
“I am delighted that so many of them will now go on to study in our sixth form centre and have the challenge of beating our record-breaking A-level results from last week.”
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 3 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads