There With You: Eat:Festivals to launch virtual events
- Credit: Archant
Eat:Festivals will launch a virtual festival due to the spread of COVID-19.
Organisers Bev and Sarah Milner started the initiative to keep people shopping locally, but have cancelled a number of festivals to adhere to government guidelines surrounding large gatherings.
Eat:Festivals said: “This spring, because of the spread of COVID-19 through our communities, we have chosen to adapt by working with partners and hundreds of local food and drink micro and small businesses to deliver a virtual festival.
“Our hope is that, out of this very difficult time, we can develop a new phase of positive legacy for community resilience.”
Festivals from the end of July remain scheduled, but events cancelled include eat:Clevedon, eat:Weston, which will return on September 26, and eat:Burnham, which takes place on October 24.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.eatfestivals.org
- 1 Popular community centre café closes
- 2 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 3 Beauty spot used as toilet
- 4 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 5 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Three North Somerset women commended in Queen’s birthday honours
- 8 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people
- 9 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 10 Long-term lease secures football club’s future