Duck race raises hundreds
HUNDREDS of plastic ducks were released on to a river in Pill as part of an annual event.
The duck race was held on Sunday, with 300 of the yellow ducks sent down the River Avon, willed on by watching crowds.
The annual duck race is organised by the Pill Rag committee and held to raise money for good causes.
This year all 300 ducks were bought for �1 and more money was raised at Pump Square where there was a bouncy castle, children’s activities and a barbecue. The Duke of Cornwall pub also served refreshments throughout.
The first duck to cross the line was bought by Ian Wilcox, second was Mac Marshall and third was David Anderson, all of whom received a prize.
You may also want to watch:
The novelty prize for the owner of the last duck to cross the line went to Andy Cosway.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans