Drugs seized in police raids
DRUGS have been seized from two houses in Clevedon during warrants carried out by the police.
Last week, a warrant was executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act at an address near Southern Way where police discovered about 830g of cannabis and arrested one man.
Following further intelligence, police have today (Wed) arrested another man after a warrant at an address in Butterfield Park.
During a search of the premises, officers found about �3,000 worth of cocaine, a substantial amount of cannabis and a small amount of amphetamines.
An 18-year-old man is currently in police custody and assisting officers with their enquiries.
PC Adam Cox said: “We are determined to tackle issues of antisocial behaviour in Clevedon and this seizure will stop a large amount of drugs from potentially entering the community.
“This also sends a clear message that we will not tolerate drugs and antisocial behaviour in our communities.”
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 6 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 7 Clevedon Town to play Brxiham after Tavistock thrown out of FA Vase
- 8 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 9 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start with Bristol Imperial win