Drugs seized in police raids
DRUGS have been seized from two houses in Clevedon during warrants carried out by the police.
Last week, a warrant was executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act at an address near Southern Way where police discovered about 830g of cannabis and arrested one man.
Following further intelligence, police have today (Wed) arrested another man after a warrant at an address in Butterfield Park.
During a search of the premises, officers found about �3,000 worth of cocaine, a substantial amount of cannabis and a small amount of amphetamines.
An 18-year-old man is currently in police custody and assisting officers with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
PC Adam Cox said: “We are determined to tackle issues of antisocial behaviour in Clevedon and this seizure will stop a large amount of drugs from potentially entering the community.
“This also sends a clear message that we will not tolerate drugs and antisocial behaviour in our communities.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships