Driver released on bail after fatal crash in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has been released on bail following today’s (Sunday’s) fatal crash in Nailsea.
The driver from North Somerset, who has not been named by police, was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving, being over the alcohol limit while behind the wheel and possessing a class A drug.
An 18-year-old man was killed when the Volvo car - driven by the 22-year-old - collided with him in Clevedon Road at about 5am.
A 20-year-old man was also struck and was taken to Southmead Hospital and was in a critical condition. No update on his condition has been provided by the police since this morning.
Two other people were hurt in the crash, although neither suffered life-threatening injuries.
The Volvo finally came to rest after hitting a telegraph pole and the driver was arrested at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon Road has since reopened after hours of police investigations.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary say their enquiries continue.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 4 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 5 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 6 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 7 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 8 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
Anyone with information is asked to call the collision investigation unit on the force number 101, quoting ref CI/29/16/1053.