Driver abandons car after crash
POLICE are tracing the driver of a car which hit a telegraph pole and left electrical cables on the road in Portishead early this morning (Mon).
Fire crews and police found the empty blue Peugeot 106 car when they turned up at the incident at the junction of Belton Road and Nore Road at 1.03am.
The vehicle had hit the pole, which came down and damaged a stone wall and brought electrical cables to the floor – but the driver was nowhere to be seen.
Nore Road was closed and Western Power were called in to turn off the power and help clear the cables from the road.
The road was re-opened at about 9am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging anyone who knows the driver to call them on 0845 4567000.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches