Driver abandons car after crash
POLICE are tracing the driver of a car which hit a telegraph pole and left electrical cables on the road in Portishead early this morning (Mon).
Fire crews and police found the empty blue Peugeot 106 car when they turned up at the incident at the junction of Belton Road and Nore Road at 1.03am.
The vehicle had hit the pole, which came down and damaged a stone wall and brought electrical cables to the floor – but the driver was nowhere to be seen.
Nore Road was closed and Western Power were called in to turn off the power and help clear the cables from the road.
The road was re-opened at about 9am.
Police are urging anyone who knows the driver to call them on 0845 4567000.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 6 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 7 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 8 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 9 Clevedon Lions Dream Scheme has opened to help good causes
- 10 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area