Driver abandons car after crash
POLICE are tracing the driver of a car which hit a telegraph pole and left electrical cables on the road in Portishead early this morning (Mon).
Fire crews and police found the empty blue Peugeot 106 car when they turned up at the incident at the junction of Belton Road and Nore Road at 1.03am.
The vehicle had hit the pole, which came down and damaged a stone wall and brought electrical cables to the floor – but the driver was nowhere to be seen.
Nore Road was closed and Western Power were called in to turn off the power and help clear the cables from the road.
The road was re-opened at about 9am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging anyone who knows the driver to call them on 0845 4567000.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 8 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town