Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- Credit: Alvony House
A therapy donkey delighted residents at a Clevedon care home.
Charlie, from Kelly’s Donkeys, was invited in to Alvony House residential care home in Linden Road to meet the residents.
A spokesman for the care home said: “Not only did the residents enjoy petting Charlie the Donkey, but the handler was excellent for the visit to Alvony House. The weather was a little rubbish, but Charlie was very patient, and many residents and team members popped out to say hello.
“The donkey was absolutely lovely, so calm and well-behaved and we have had lots of very positive feedback from our residents on the visit.
“If you are looking to hire a donkey, I couldn’t recommend Kelly’s Donkeys enough. All our residents really enjoyed the day, as well as the staff.
“We would like to say a big thank you for this experience to Kelly’s Donkeys. We will definitely be booking the animals again, hopefully when the weather is a bit warmer.”
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 Portishead Town beaten by Royal Wotton Bassett Town in Buildbase FA Vase
- 4 Yatton Colts fall to narrow defeat in season opener at North Bristol Colts
- 5 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 6 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 7 Air ambulance crews teach lifesaving CPR to Bristol Bears players
- 8 WIN: Tickets to Andre Rieu concert screening at cinema
- 9 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 10 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections