Donations for Bristol Dogs and Cats Home
ANIMAL lovers in Clevedon are being asked to donate items to help abandoned cats and dogs in the run up to Christmas.
Mucky Pups Dog Grooming is looking for donations of dog and cat food, blankets, bedding, leads, collars and treats to take to Bristol Dogs and Cats Home.
Items for smaller animals such as bird food, bedding and toys will also be welcome.
For 25 years, Mucky Pups has been collecting for the Bristol charity, which cares for about 200 dogs and 200 cats, and last year’s appeal was so successful a truck had to be sent to pick up the donations.
Donations will be collected throughout December and they can be left in a special grotto outside the business at 108 Old Church Road or be taken into the grooming parlour itself.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone donating dog and cat food is asked to only buy cheaper cereal-based food and people are also asked not to leave duvets or pillows for bedding as they cannot be used.
Cash or cheques will also be accepted as donations.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport