Donation for summer youth work
REGULAR youth sessions have been taking place during the summer holidays thanks to a donation from Clevedon Lions.
The community group presented a cheque for �525 to staff at The Barn youth centre in Great Western Road to allow evening youth work to continue in Clevedon during the school break.
A Lions spokesman said: “Due to the lack of funding from the council, Annie Smith, who runs The Barn, had requested help from local charities to continue two sessions a week.
“Each sessions costs �175 to run and, as it is a policy of the Lions to help where possible with our community’s youth, we were delighted to help.”
The Barn manager Annie Smith said: “It has been brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a great take-up for the sessions.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign