Dog rescued from Clevedon house fire

A DOG was rescued from a smoke-filled home in Clevedon this morning after plastic cutlery caught alight in the property.

The homeowner returned to her property in Griffin Road at around 10am to find the house filled with smoke, and immediately called 999 after realising that her dog was trapped in the house.

Two Avon Fire and Rescue engines attended from Clevedon, and found that the cause of the smoke had been some plastic cutlery left next to the stove.

The dog was rescued, and the property suffered only limited smoke and fire damage.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter