Community hub’s shock after dog mess smeared across club room window
- Credit: Google Street View
A village hall committee has condemned people who smeared dog faeces across its building’s window, stating the act is ‘disgusting’ and ‘grotesque’.
Long Ashton Community Centre claimed dog mess bags were taken from a bin nearby and thrown at its club room windows in July.
A spokesman from the centre said: "There isn't a camera which is in line with that window, and, sadly, this happened over a year ago as well.
"It's just so disgusting.
"For someone to go into a dog bin and smear the mess from it across a window - it's grotesque.
You may also want to watch:
"We reported the incident to the police, who advised us that the village PCSO is the best point-of-contact.
"Our caretaker found the smeared faecal matter one Friday morning, and, thankfully, our café manger cleared it all off.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
"It's horrible to deal with, and we've had some more signs put-up at the centre to address the issue."