Dismay at tree theft
The two cherry trees were dug out sometime this week after being planted by volunteers next to the community orchard at Watchhouse Hill earlier this year.
The Friends of Watchhouse Hill committee member Carolyn Williamson said: “We are very disappointed.
“The trees were bought with community funds for the enjoyment of local people.
“The fruit would have been there for everyone to enjoy.
“But, because of one person’s selfish greed that cannot happen now.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident has been reported to the police and is being investigated.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse