Dismay at tree theft
The two cherry trees were dug out sometime this week after being planted by volunteers next to the community orchard at Watchhouse Hill earlier this year.
The Friends of Watchhouse Hill committee member Carolyn Williamson said: “We are very disappointed.
“The trees were bought with community funds for the enjoyment of local people.
“The fruit would have been there for everyone to enjoy.
“But, because of one person’s selfish greed that cannot happen now.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident has been reported to the police and is being investigated.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery