‘Disgusting’ discovery at nursery
STAFF at a Clevedon nursery were left disgusted after discovering human faeces had been left in its garden and smeared on its conservatory windows.
The appalling discovery was made by staff at ABC 123 Daycare in Old Church Road on Monday morning, when a pair of soiled Spiderman boxer shorts was also found in the nursery’s garden.
As a result, new gardening equipment had to be thrown out along with strawberry and tomato plants grown by the youngsters.
The whole area had to be shut off from children until police had attended the scene and the mess could be cleaned up.
Manager Hollie Richards said: “Our reaction was absolute utter disgust.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had to throw out all of the trowels and buckets we have only just bought.
“It is sad that it is all of the stuff we bought using Tesco and Sainsbury’s vouchers the children had collected.”
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
Police were called to the nursery on Monday morning and were due to carry out enquiries in the nearby area.
Anyone with information regarding the incident, which is believed to have happened sometime between Saturday evening and Monday morning, can contact police on 101.