PICTURES: Dig For Victory swing dance celebrates the 1940s
- Credit: Archant
An evening of wartime celebration has been held in Clevedon.
The Dig For Victory Show’s Christmas dance saw the Princes Hall decked out in decorations from the 1940s while guests arrived dressed for the occasion.
Teachers from Dance Bristol were on hand to give a lesson before the floor was packed with partygoers enjoying the sounds of Five Star Swing.
Organiser James Shopland said: “We would like to thank everyone that supported our dance on Saturday night.
“It was great fun and a huge success and we were delighted to welcome old and new faces alike.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to thank our volunteers who gave up their evening to help run the event and make it such a success.”
The Dig For Victory Show will be held on June 9 and 10 at North Somerset Showground in Wraxall, supporting Combat Stress and the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Further delays for rail project
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 9 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis