Diamond volunteers sought
SELFLESS souls who have clocked up 60 years as a volunteer are being urged to step up for an award.
As part of National Volunteers Week, from June 1-7, Voluntary Action North Somerset (VANS) is hosting a thank you cream tea and handing out long service certificates to people who have served their communities for as long as the Queen.
Volunteers who have worked for more than 30 years, and not necessarily for the
same group, will qualify and the organisation will select the 20 longest-serving ones for the prize.
Everyone with more than thirty years service will be entered into a free raffle for a chance to win some prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to nominate someone can contact VANS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Donna or Debby on 01934 410190.
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups