Diamond volunteers sought
SELFLESS souls who have clocked up 60 years as a volunteer are being urged to step up for an award.
As part of National Volunteers Week, from June 1-7, Voluntary Action North Somerset (VANS) is hosting a thank you cream tea and handing out long service certificates to people who have served their communities for as long as the Queen.
Volunteers who have worked for more than 30 years, and not necessarily for the
same group, will qualify and the organisation will select the 20 longest-serving ones for the prize.
Everyone with more than thirty years service will be entered into a free raffle for a chance to win some prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to nominate someone can contact VANS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Donna or Debby on 01934 410190.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups