Charity to host demetia friendly day
- Credit: Empica
The Kubiak Dementia Foundation is hosting a Dementia Friendly Day on February 1 to provide a safe, relaxing space for dementia patients in North Somerset.
The event will be held in the garden room wing of Penny Brohn UK, Chapel Pill Lane, in Pill and is the second event to be run by the Clevedon-based charity.
The first took place in September 2019 with around 40 people taking part in activities that included meeting animals, arts and crafts, music and complementary therapies.
The foundation was created in January 2019 by Victoria Kubiak as a legacy to her husband George, who was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia in 2010.
She said: "Finding places for George and the family to visit where he was safe was difficult, and we found other carers and families that just wanted a family day out."
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 10am to 3.30pm. Call 01275 876688 for more information.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign