Deckchair designs wanted
- Credit: Archant
DECORATED deckchairs will be auctioned off to raise money toward Clevedon Pier’s new visitor centre.
The pier trust is currently inviting artists and designers to submit their ideas of how the traditional seafront seats could be decorated.
A panel of judges, including local artist Les Matthews and pier trustees, will then select up to 24 original designs to be printed on deckchair canvas for an exhibition at the pier’s Tollhouse Gallery in August. This will be followed by an auction of the pieces in October, which will include a design painted by Clevedon Art Club president, Neil Murison, who helped set up the pier’s gallery in the late 1990s.
All finalists will receive a full-size deckchair of their design as a prize.
Entries from schoolchildren are also welcome as there will also be a children’s category.
You may also want to watch:
For details of how to enter the competition, which has a deadline of May 5, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 878846.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season