Deckchair designs wanted
- Credit: Archant
DECORATED deckchairs will be auctioned off to raise money toward Clevedon Pier’s new visitor centre.
The pier trust is currently inviting artists and designers to submit their ideas of how the traditional seafront seats could be decorated.
A panel of judges, including local artist Les Matthews and pier trustees, will then select up to 24 original designs to be printed on deckchair canvas for an exhibition at the pier’s Tollhouse Gallery in August. This will be followed by an auction of the pieces in October, which will include a design painted by Clevedon Art Club president, Neil Murison, who helped set up the pier’s gallery in the late 1990s.
All finalists will receive a full-size deckchair of their design as a prize.
Entries from schoolchildren are also welcome as there will also be a children’s category.
You may also want to watch:
For details of how to enter the competition, which has a deadline of May 5, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 878846.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals