David Tennant meets locals during break in filming
THE star of a TV drama being shot in North Somerset was only too happy to have his picture taken with two lucky girls during a break in filming.
David Tennant plays one of the main characters in Broadchurch, an eight-part drama which will be screened on ITV next year and is being filmed by Kudos Film and Television using areas in Clevedon and Portishead as prominent locations.
Pictured with David Tennant are Claire and Ellie Taylor, along with Skye Fowler, who spotted the crew filming in Avon Way, Portishead.
Broadchurch will explore what happens when a small community comes under the spotlight of the national media following a boy’s death.
In Hill Road, Clevedon, the former Seeley’s newsagent building (pictured) has been converted into a set for the fictional local newspaper, The Broadchurch Echo.
You may also want to watch:
Film crews for Broadchurch will be seen regularly in North Somerset between now and November.
- 1 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 2 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 3 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 4 Planking your way to better health
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 7 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 8 Art students to exhibit work at Weston Artspace
- 9 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 10 Community events across North Somerset