David Tennant meets locals during break in filming
THE star of a TV drama being shot in North Somerset was only too happy to have his picture taken with two lucky girls during a break in filming.
David Tennant plays one of the main characters in Broadchurch, an eight-part drama which will be screened on ITV next year and is being filmed by Kudos Film and Television using areas in Clevedon and Portishead as prominent locations.
Pictured with David Tennant are Claire and Ellie Taylor, along with Skye Fowler, who spotted the crew filming in Avon Way, Portishead.
Broadchurch will explore what happens when a small community comes under the spotlight of the national media following a boy’s death.
In Hill Road, Clevedon, the former Seeley’s newsagent building (pictured) has been converted into a set for the fictional local newspaper, The Broadchurch Echo.
You may also want to watch:
Film crews for Broadchurch will be seen regularly in North Somerset between now and November.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals