David Mamet’s Oleanna returns to Bath this summer
- Credit: NOBBY CLARKnobby@nobbyclark.co.uk
A theatre production will be returning this week.
Starring Jonathan Slinger and Rosie Sheehy, Oleanna - directed by Lucy Bailey - will be performed at the Ustinov Studio from Monday.
Set on an American campus, a seemingly innocuous conversation between a college professor and his female student warps into a nightmare that threatens to destroy them both, when she files a claim of sexual harassment against him.
With its take on the corrosive excesses of political correctness and exploration of the use and abuse of language, this is the ultimate drama of pupil power and student revenge.
When Lucy Bailey’s 2020 staging of Oleanna opened in the Ustinov Studio last December, it was greeted with five-star reviews from national critics who praised the sensational performances of Slinger and Sheehy.
You may also want to watch:
Slinger, who plays the role of John, appears in the recent BBC series The Salisbury Poisonings, I May Destroy You and Doctors. Sheehy, playing Carol, has had roles in BBC’s Call The Midwife, ITV’s Wild Bill and the Sky series Chernobyl.
Oleanna appears at the Ustinov Studio at Theatre Royal Bath, in Saw Close, from June 14 to July 3.
To buy tickets, call the Theatre Royal Bath Box Office on 01225 448844 or log-on to www.theatreroyal.org.uk
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 5 Camera club wants new members to join
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town