Couple celebrates golden wedding anniversary
- Credit: Nicola Bradshaw
A Congresbury couple will celebrate their golden wedding anniversary on Saturday.
Dave and Jackie Perry first met each other at a dance in Blagdon in January 1968.
Two years later the pair tied the knot on August 15 1970 – 50 years ago.
Since meeting back in 1968, three children – Nicola, Julie and Ian – along with six grandchildren have followed.
Nowadays, Dave and Jackie often enjoy roaming in and out of Exmoor together and both say the secret to their 50-year bond is ‘plenty of give and take’.
You may also want to watch:
Daughter Nicola said: “They are great parents and grandparents as well as neighbours and friends who always seem to be willing to lend a hand.
“They are always there for us whenever we need them and love spending time with the family.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
“Dad is always watching the local cricket in Congresbury while mum often enjoys spending time with her sister Jo.”