Couple celebrates golden wedding anniversary
- Credit: Nicola Bradshaw
A Congresbury couple will celebrate their golden wedding anniversary on Saturday.
Dave and Jackie Perry first met each other at a dance in Blagdon in January 1968.
Two years later the pair tied the knot on August 15 1970 – 50 years ago.
Since meeting back in 1968, three children – Nicola, Julie and Ian – along with six grandchildren have followed.
Nowadays, Dave and Jackie often enjoy roaming in and out of Exmoor together and both say the secret to their 50-year bond is ‘plenty of give and take’.
You may also want to watch:
Daughter Nicola said: “They are great parents and grandparents as well as neighbours and friends who always seem to be willing to lend a hand.
“They are always there for us whenever we need them and love spending time with the family.
- 1 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 2 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 3 Care home staff ensure Portishead couple enjoy romantic meal in lockdown
- 4 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 5 Charity available to help villagers during coronavirus crisis
- 6 Financial support extended for North Somerset businesses
- 7 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 8 Council tax to increase for 'most exciting council budget in 18 years'
- 9 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 10 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid
“Dad is always watching the local cricket in Congresbury while mum often enjoys spending time with her sister Jo.”