Date set for action-packed festival
THE date for Portishead’s festival week has been set.
The festival committee, in conjunction with Portishead tourism group, has agreed an action-packed programme of music and arts-related activities to run in the town from September 20-26.
Events already planned include a flower festival, concerts, live bands, play readings, dances and workshops.
A committee spokesman said: “This promises to be an exciting week for Portishead, that everyone from toddlers to senior citizens can take part in.
“Now that we have fixed the date we are looking for more people to take part and put on their own events.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are now particularly looking for fine art groups willing to arrange exhibitions and displays.
Plans are already under way to expand festival activities in 2013 when entries will be invited for a wide ranging contest with professional judges, who will award prizes including medals and cups for achievement.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
The next festival meeting will take place on April 19 at the Folk Hall in High Street at 7.30pm. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org