Date set for action-packed festival
THE date for Portishead’s festival week has been set.
The festival committee, in conjunction with Portishead tourism group, has agreed an action-packed programme of music and arts-related activities to run in the town from September 20-26.
Events already planned include a flower festival, concerts, live bands, play readings, dances and workshops.
A committee spokesman said: “This promises to be an exciting week for Portishead, that everyone from toddlers to senior citizens can take part in.
“Now that we have fixed the date we are looking for more people to take part and put on their own events.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are now particularly looking for fine art groups willing to arrange exhibitions and displays.
Plans are already under way to expand festival activities in 2013 when entries will be invited for a wide ranging contest with professional judges, who will award prizes including medals and cups for achievement.
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 3 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 4 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 5 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 7 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 8 LOCAL ELECTIONS: Who you can vote for in the by-election tomorrow
- 9 Yatton Bowling Club getting more youngsters involved
- 10 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
The next festival meeting will take place on April 19 at the Folk Hall in High Street at 7.30pm. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org