Dancers celebrate 70 years of marriage
A CLEVEDON couple who love to dance have celebrated 70 years of marriage.
George and Margery Lockyer marked their platinum wedding anniversary on November 12 with a party attended by family and friends.
The couple, of Kenn Moor Drive, were also presented with flowers at the Clevedon Conservative Club, where they first met during a dance all those years ago.
George and Margery have long been fans of ballroom dancing, a pastime they still enjoy two or three times a week.
They married on November 12, 1941, at St Mary’s Church in Channel Road and went on to have two children, Joan, now aged 59, and Colin, aged 67.
They also have four grandchildren and four greatgrandchildren.
George, aged 92, used to work as a bakers’ roundsman for Pullins Bakery before working as a chef at Bristol Maternity Hospital until he retired.
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Doctors surgery to get revamp
Margery, aged 97, worked in the music shop in Hill Road before working for her father’s company, Lockyer’s Tailors.