Dancers celebrate 70 years of marriage
A CLEVEDON couple who love to dance have celebrated 70 years of marriage.
George and Margery Lockyer marked their platinum wedding anniversary on November 12 with a party attended by family and friends.
The couple, of Kenn Moor Drive, were also presented with flowers at the Clevedon Conservative Club, where they first met during a dance all those years ago.
George and Margery have long been fans of ballroom dancing, a pastime they still enjoy two or three times a week.
They married on November 12, 1941, at St Mary’s Church in Channel Road and went on to have two children, Joan, now aged 59, and Colin, aged 67.
You may also want to watch:
They also have four grandchildren and four greatgrandchildren.
George, aged 92, used to work as a bakers’ roundsman for Pullins Bakery before working as a chef at Bristol Maternity Hospital until he retired.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
Margery, aged 97, worked in the music shop in Hill Road before working for her father’s company, Lockyer’s Tailors.