Dancer Alice’s successful year
A TALENTED Backwell schoolgirl reached the finals of an esteemed national dance competition.
Alice Ellison held her own at the All England Dance Finals in London’s West End when she competed against some of the best young performers in the country, being placed fourth in two categories.
The 13-year-old Backwell School pupil qualified for the finals after progressing through local rounds and a fiercely competitive semi-final.
At the finals, held in The Peacock Theatre in August, Alice took part in the national category and song and dance category, both in which she was placed fourth, and also the modern category.
Her mum Nicky said: “I am just so proud of her. Seeing her on stage representing the South West, she held her own.”
You may also want to watch:
2011 has been a successful year for Alice - she also reached the finals of the Janet Cram national dance competition, reaching the top 25 of all dancers in the country. She also starred in Fame at The Bristol Hippodrome in July and has now been cast to play one of the children in November’s production of The King And I at the Bristol venue.
Clevedon residents will be able to witness Alice’s dance skills when she performs at the final of The Rotary Club of Clevedon’s talent contest, which is being held at the Princes Hall at 7.30pm on November 26.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 6 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 9 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 10 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
She has been invited to perform after she won the contest last year.