Dance with professionals
TWO professional dancers from Backwell are holding a dance master class next month to give youngsters specialist training and advice on how to get into the competitive industry.
The class will include audition techniques as well as training in ballet, jazz, commercial dance and musical theatre.
Adam and Samantha Kemp, who met at the world-renowned London Studio Centre while studying for a degree in musical theatre, have a wide range of experience in the industry and aim to give talented young dancers a fighting chance to make it in the exciting world of dance.
Samantha, aged 22, teaches for Adele Stitch and is currently studying to become a ballet and modern teacher, while Adam has been auditioning for acting roles in films and choreographing for movies such as Sherlock Holmes 2.
Adam, who is originally from London, said: “I love teaching and giving something back to the community. We will be running classes three to four times a year so young performers get a chance to work with established professionals and find out what it would be like to train at a professional college.”
You may also want to watch:
The master class is open to youngsters aged eight-19 and is running on June 2 and 3 from 10am-3pm in Flax Bourton Village Hall, Old Weston Road. To book email email@example.com or call 01275 46392.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches