Dad’s Army takes to the stage
THE all-conquering sitcom Dad’s Army will grace the stage in Portishead this month, 45 years after it first appeared on TV.
The Portishead Players will present two hilarious episodes of this iconic TV series, The Deadly Attachment and Mum’s Army, with the added bonus of a sketch entitled The Floral Dance.
All the well-loved characters will appear, under the command of the redoubtable Captain Mainwaring and his deputy, Sergeant Wilson.
Directed by Janet Griffiths, Dad’s Army is being performed at Somerset Hall, in The Precinct, Portishead, from at 7.30pm April 25-28.
Tickets, priced �8 for adults and �7 for children, are available from Morgan-Westley and Mother Nature, both in High Street. Online booking is also available at www.portisheadplayers.ticketsource.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can also be bought at the door subject to availability.
Group rates at eight tickets for the price of seven also are available. They need to be booked in advance by contacting Lynda Sloane on 01275 844723 or mobile 07787 992942.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic