Dad runs for charity
A PORTISHEAD dad raised more than �700 taking part in a 20-mile off-road run.
Russell Millier ran The Grizzly in Devon in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
The Weston PC aimed to raise �600 for a prosthetic arm for the Uphill-based charity, so that nurses could practise administering chemotherapy injections, but exceeded his target.
The 31-year-old father-of-one said: “It was my first charity run as I’ve only really been interested in the sport this year.
“I took part in long runs to train for the event, up to 20 miles at a time.”
You may also want to watch:
Russell, a member of Weston Athletics Club, ran the race with his friend Ronan Conlan, of Yate.
- 1 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Food festival returning to town this weekend
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk