Cyslists urged to ride for precious lives
KEEN cyclists are being encouraged to sign-up for a gruelling challenge in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
Ride for Precious Lives will raise money for the charity which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall and provides care and support for children with life-threatening or life-limiting illnesses and their families.
The ride will take place in June and will see more than 100 cyclists travel between the charity’s three hospices in Cornwall, Devon and North Somerset over three days.
Now in its fifth year, the challenge has so far raised more than �250,000.
Head of fundraising at Charlton Farm, Karen Edgington said: “The Ride for Precious Lives is one of the highlights of our events calendar and what always stands out is the team spirit among the riders.
You may also want to watch:
“Year on year participants tell us heart-warming stories of their reasons for taking part and the amazing camaraderie they experience along the way.”
For more details about the Ride for Precious Lives and to sign-up visit www.chsw.org.uk/rfpl
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week