Cyclists complete 500-mile challenge
A TEAM of workers from a Nailsea business cycled more than 500 miles in the name of charity.
Employees of GE Oil and Gas set off from their High Street office to cycle the 543 miles to the company’s Aberdeen office, with the aim of raising �4,000 for good causes.
The team, made up of 11 riders and four support drivers, left Nailsea in warm sunshine but by the second day they were soaked through from the rain.
The first night was spent in Warrington, Cheshire, and the second in Peebles, Ayrshire, before arriving in Aberdeen at 6.30pm on the third day.
Each day of cycling began at 5am, with each day broken into several legs of two hours. Each of the riders cycled between three and five legs per day.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the challenge will be split between Children’s Hospice South West, which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall, and the Nailsea-based West of England MS Therapy Centre.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 3 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day