Crowds enjoy Nailsea carnival as sun shines on spectacle
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea Carnival raised a staggering £7,300 as fundraisers took to the town’s streets to parade in a variety of colourful costumes.
Oompa Loompas, clowns, cowboys and characters from the Wizard of Oz were just some of the impressive entries.
The best overall entry went to St Francis Primary School for its Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory entry – it also took the prize for the best junior group.
Tillie’s School of Performing Arts won the mixed age group with its Wizard Of Oz entry, while the WI won the over-18 category with 100 Years Of Votes For Women.
St Francis Preschool stole the show in the preschool class with its medieval costumes.
You may also want to watch:
Seventeen groups entered the carnival this year and hundreds of people turned up to watch.
The event was organised by 1st Nailsea Scouts and members would like to thank everyone who helped at the spectacle.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
More than £675 was raised during the parade, which will be donated to the Julian Trust. The rest will go towards club funds.