Who’s been in the dock?
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between September 16 - October 6:
? Mark Poursain (37), of Hope House, Pill. Assault: Sent to prison for 12 weeks. Breach of suspended sentence: Sent to prison for six weeks (consecutive).
? Peter Wall (46), of Summerhouse, Tickenham. Assault: One-year community order, ordered to pay �85 costs.
? Marcus Dunkerton (28), of Kenn Moor Drive, Clevedon. Drink-driving: Fined �250 and banned from driving for 18 months. Failure to stop after an accident: Fined �160 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
? Ian Harper (30), of Down Road, Portishead. Fraud: One-year community order, with requirement to carry out 80 hours’ unpaid community work. Theft: No separate penalty.
You may also want to watch:
? Samuel Macdonald (18), of Brinsea Road, Congresbury. Two counts of arson: One-year community sentence, ordered to pay �400 compensation plus �85 costs.
? Kevin Murphy (35), of The Grove, Wraxall. Criminal damage: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �85 costs.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
? Mary Vauden (53), of Stonebridge, Clevedon. Assault: One day’s detention.
? Ian Fordham (39), of Porlock Close, Weston. Drink-driving: Fined �100 plus �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.
? Kevin Arnold (37), of Wemberham Crescent, Yatton. Assault occasioning actual bodily harm: Six months in prison, suspended for 24 months, ordered to pay �175 compensation plus �85 costs.
? Robert Jones (65), of Broadcroft Avenue, Claverham. Drink-driving: Three-month community order with six-month curfew, ordered to pay �85 costs and banned from driving for three years. Assaulting a police officer: No separate penalty. Assault: No separate penalty.
? Joseph Gibbs (23) of Hyatts Wood Road, Backwell. Aggravated vehicle taking: Sent to prison for 17 weeks. Drink-driving: Banned from driving for 20 months. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty.