WATCH: Driver jailed as high-speed chase through North Somerset captured on camera
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Incredible footage of a driver who sped through Backwell, Nailsea, Tickenham and Failand during a police chase has been released today (Friday).
Clive Hill was jailed following the high-speed pursuit in North Somerset, during which he crashed a blue Ford Mondeo three times and almost rolled his car.
Police say it is a ‘miracle’ he did not kill anyone with his driving.
Hill, aged 41, was pursued by police from Backwell to Tickenham, where he turned right on to Clevedon Road and began haring off towards Failand.
He had to abandon his car and was tracked by the National Police Air Service helicopter before he was arrested by Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Hill, of Butchers Close in Radstock, admitted four charges connected with his driving and was jailed for 14 months.
He was also disqualified from driving for three years and six months.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved