WATCH: Driver jailed as high-speed chase through North Somerset captured on camera
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Incredible footage of a driver who sped through Backwell, Nailsea, Tickenham and Failand during a police chase has been released today (Friday).
Clive Hill was jailed following the high-speed pursuit in North Somerset, during which he crashed a blue Ford Mondeo three times and almost rolled his car.
Police say it is a ‘miracle’ he did not kill anyone with his driving.
Hill, aged 41, was pursued by police from Backwell to Tickenham, where he turned right on to Clevedon Road and began haring off towards Failand.
He had to abandon his car and was tracked by the National Police Air Service helicopter before he was arrested by Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
You may also want to watch:
Hill, of Butchers Close in Radstock, admitted four charges connected with his driving and was jailed for 14 months.
He was also disqualified from driving for three years and six months.
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 6 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset