Video: Biker caught doing 120mph
- Credit: Archant
A MOTORCYLIST travelling at more than 120mph on the M5 near Clevedon was caught after he undertook an unmarked police car.
Robert Heaven has now been given an 18-month driving ban after appearing at North Somerset Courthouse charged with dangerous driving and driving without a suitable licence.
The 21-year-old was stopped in June after he undertook the police car near junction 20 at Clevedon and the incident was captured on the vehicle’s onboard camera.
As well as the driving ban, Heaven, of Waterley Bottom in North Dibley, was also ordered to pay £145 in court costs and carry out 250 hours of community service.
Inspector Leona Naish from the roads policing unit said: “We hope this case sends a message to riders and drivers to warn them to slow down.
You may also want to watch:
“We have seen an increase in serious and fatal collisions involving motorcyclists this year and want to raise awareness of the dangers on the road.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown