Video: Biker caught doing 120mph
- Credit: Archant
A MOTORCYLIST travelling at more than 120mph on the M5 near Clevedon was caught after he undertook an unmarked police car.
Robert Heaven has now been given an 18-month driving ban after appearing at North Somerset Courthouse charged with dangerous driving and driving without a suitable licence.
The 21-year-old was stopped in June after he undertook the police car near junction 20 at Clevedon and the incident was captured on the vehicle’s onboard camera.
As well as the driving ban, Heaven, of Waterley Bottom in North Dibley, was also ordered to pay £145 in court costs and carry out 250 hours of community service.
Inspector Leona Naish from the roads policing unit said: “We hope this case sends a message to riders and drivers to warn them to slow down.
You may also want to watch:
“We have seen an increase in serious and fatal collisions involving motorcyclists this year and want to raise awareness of the dangers on the road.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 7 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up