Video: Biker caught doing 120mph
- Credit: Archant
A MOTORCYLIST travelling at more than 120mph on the M5 near Clevedon was caught after he undertook an unmarked police car.
Robert Heaven has now been given an 18-month driving ban after appearing at North Somerset Courthouse charged with dangerous driving and driving without a suitable licence.
The 21-year-old was stopped in June after he undertook the police car near junction 20 at Clevedon and the incident was captured on the vehicle’s onboard camera.
As well as the driving ban, Heaven, of Waterley Bottom in North Dibley, was also ordered to pay £145 in court costs and carry out 250 hours of community service.
Inspector Leona Naish from the roads policing unit said: “We hope this case sends a message to riders and drivers to warn them to slow down.
You may also want to watch:
“We have seen an increase in serious and fatal collisions involving motorcyclists this year and want to raise awareness of the dangers on the road.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 5 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset