Inquest date set for Portbury Hundred police shooting death
- Credit: Supplied
The date of an inquest into the death of a man who was shot dead by police has been confirmed.
The hearing into the death of Spencer Ashworth, who was killed by police on The Portbury Hundred, will begin on March 2, 2020.
The inquest, which will take place before a jury at Avon Coroner's Court in Flax Bourton, is expected to last five weeks.
Senior coroner Maria Voisin will preside over the hearing.
Mr Ashworth, aged 29, was shot dead by Avon and Somerset Constabulary officers on September 27, 2017, amid reports he had a handgun and had threatened another motorist.
You may also want to watch:
Police stopped Mr Ashworth's vehicle on the Portbury Hundred near junction 19 of the M5.
Shots are believed to have been fired by four authorised firearms officers, the Independent Office for Police Conduct has previously said.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
- 10 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
Mr Ashworth's last known address was believed to be in Portishead.