Portishead man jailed for shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old robber, who threatened women before stealing cigarettes from a shop in Portishead, has been jailed for more than two years.
Luke Golding was sentenced to 27 months behind bars for a raid on the Co-operative supermarket in Avon Way last summer.
On June 17 he threatened a pair of women at the store, telling them he had a weapon with him.
He jumped over the shop counter and stole some cigarettes before fleeing the scene.
The women told Bristol Crown Court they had felt ‘panicked’ during the crime.
You may also want to watch:
Golding, of Briary Road, denied the robbery but was sent to jail by judge Michael Longman on Monday.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022