Portishead man jailed for shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old robber, who threatened women before stealing cigarettes from a shop in Portishead, has been jailed for more than two years.
Luke Golding was sentenced to 27 months behind bars for a raid on the Co-operative supermarket in Avon Way last summer.
On June 17 he threatened a pair of women at the store, telling them he had a weapon with him.
He jumped over the shop counter and stole some cigarettes before fleeing the scene.
The women told Bristol Crown Court they had felt ‘panicked’ during the crime.
You may also want to watch:
Golding, of Briary Road, denied the robbery but was sent to jail by judge Michael Longman on Monday.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages