Portishead man jailed for shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old robber, who threatened women before stealing cigarettes from a shop in Portishead, has been jailed for more than two years.
Luke Golding was sentenced to 27 months behind bars for a raid on the Co-operative supermarket in Avon Way last summer.
On June 17 he threatened a pair of women at the store, telling them he had a weapon with him.
He jumped over the shop counter and stole some cigarettes before fleeing the scene.
The women told Bristol Crown Court they had felt ‘panicked’ during the crime.
You may also want to watch:
Golding, of Briary Road, denied the robbery but was sent to jail by judge Michael Longman on Monday.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 8 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 9 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity