In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from February 28 to April 3:
* John Garlick, Youngwood Lane, Nailsea (54). Failure to give information regarding identity of a driver: fined £660 and ordered to pay £400 costs and £66 victim surcharge.
* Sarah Jones, Finisterre Parade, Portishead (33). Speeding: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £238 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Bryne Tovey, Moorfield Road, Backwell (48). Failure to identify driver after alleged offence: fined £180 and ordered to pay £90 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* James Dixey, Back Lane, Pill (41). Assault: 18-week prison sentence and ordered to pay £500 compensation. Assault police officer: eight-week prison sentence (concurrent). Four counts of criminal damage: eight-week prison sentence (concurrent) and ordered to pay £1,138.17 in compensation. Failure to surrender to court: one-week prison sentence. Possession of class B drug: no separate penalty.
You may also want to watch:
* Claire Watson, Henley Park, Yatton (42). Misuse of blue disabled parking badge: fined £145 and ordered to pay £285 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Jordan Phillips, Greenfield Crescent, Nailsea (31). Driving without valid insurance: absolute discharge.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
* Mark Whitehouse, Queens Road, Clevedon (50). Driving car with illegal tyres: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £346 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £34 victim surcharge.
* Steven Jenkins, Well Park, Congresbury (65). Assault: fined £300 and ordered to pay £200 compensation, £775 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Karl Hegarty, Briary Road, Portishead (43). Three counts of theft: community order and ordered to pay £379 compensation.
* Mark Churchill, Mendip Road, Yatton (23). Two counts of criminal damage: community order, restraining order and ordered to pay £85 victim surcharge.
* Hayley Edwards, Tuck Mill, Clevedon (41). Assault: community order and ordered to pay £150 costs and £85 victim surcharge.