In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from February 28 to April 3:
* John Garlick, Youngwood Lane, Nailsea (54). Failure to give information regarding identity of a driver: fined £660 and ordered to pay £400 costs and £66 victim surcharge.
* Sarah Jones, Finisterre Parade, Portishead (33). Speeding: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £238 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Bryne Tovey, Moorfield Road, Backwell (48). Failure to identify driver after alleged offence: fined £180 and ordered to pay £90 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* James Dixey, Back Lane, Pill (41). Assault: 18-week prison sentence and ordered to pay £500 compensation. Assault police officer: eight-week prison sentence (concurrent). Four counts of criminal damage: eight-week prison sentence (concurrent) and ordered to pay £1,138.17 in compensation. Failure to surrender to court: one-week prison sentence. Possession of class B drug: no separate penalty.
You may also want to watch:
* Claire Watson, Henley Park, Yatton (42). Misuse of blue disabled parking badge: fined £145 and ordered to pay £285 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Jordan Phillips, Greenfield Crescent, Nailsea (31). Driving without valid insurance: absolute discharge.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
* Mark Whitehouse, Queens Road, Clevedon (50). Driving car with illegal tyres: disqualified from driving for six months, fined £346 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £34 victim surcharge.
* Steven Jenkins, Well Park, Congresbury (65). Assault: fined £300 and ordered to pay £200 compensation, £775 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Karl Hegarty, Briary Road, Portishead (43). Three counts of theft: community order and ordered to pay £379 compensation.
* Mark Churchill, Mendip Road, Yatton (23). Two counts of criminal damage: community order, restraining order and ordered to pay £85 victim surcharge.
* Hayley Edwards, Tuck Mill, Clevedon (41). Assault: community order and ordered to pay £150 costs and £85 victim surcharge.