Nailsea man admits secret filming up girls’ skirts in shops
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old man from Nailsea ‘stalked’ school girls in sweet aisles and filmed up their skirts.
Daniel Esposito, of Dorchester Close, pleaded guilty at North Somerset Courthouse to voyeurism and four acts of outraging public decency.
The court was told Esposito ‘specifically targeted’ a girl not wearing tights and filmed her for his own sexual gratification.
The offences date back to 2014 but his victims are unaware of what he has done, because police have been unable to identify and subsequently inform them.
Rebecca Pearce, prosecuting, said the girls were secretly filmed at Spar in Backwell, a petrol station in Nailsea and a Spar shop believed to be in Weston or Patchway.
The court was told on May 9 the videos and images were found by police on his laptop and mobile.
Ms Pearce said: “Mr Esposito was arrested on April 26, 2016, for a matter where no further action was taken.”
- 1 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 2 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 3 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 4 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Make a splash for children's hospice this September
- 6 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 7 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 8 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 9 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 10 Cleeve take over at top of table as Want and Cole shine
“However, during the course of the investigation some of his personal electronic devices including his laptop and mobile phone were seized.
“Examination revealed a number of videos and images showing a predilection for covertly filming up young girls’ skirts in public and private settings.
“Two videos filmed at a location, believed to be Spar in Backwell, were found on his laptop. They show a person filming himself entering the store and approaching two young girls in school uniform in front of the drinks’ fridge. The camera is positioned to film up one of their skirts.
“A video was found on his mobile from October 10 at a petrol station in Nailsea. The person filming loiters in the sweet aisle before filming up the skirt of one of the children. The girl without tights was specifically targeted.”
Two more videos were secretly filmed at Spar shops in either Weston or Patchway.
Esposito will be sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on June 7.