Murder probe launched after man dies in Glastonbury
- Credit: Google
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man in Glastonbury.
Officers were called to an address on Chilkwell Street at 11.43pm on Monday night (April 18) by the ambulance service after it received a report a man had been stabbed.
They found a man inside the address with serious injuries and immediately began to provide first aid.
An air ambulance arrived a short time later but tragically, the man died at the scene.
A forensic post-mortem examination to determine the cause of his death will take place in due course, police said.
A woman also inside the property also sustained stab wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. She has since been arrested in connection with the incident and is now in police custody.
Chief Inspector Andrew Pritchard of Avon and Somerset Police said: "We fully understand how shocking this will be for the local community and we’d like to reassure them a thorough investigation is already being carried out, led by detectives from our Major Crime Investigation Team.
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 3 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 4 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 5 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 6 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 7 The Hungry Caterpillar teaches Nailsea school about healthy eating
- 8 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 10 Clevedon School treated to charity talk on 'forgotten' black history
"We're working hard to establish the full circumstances which led to the tragic death of a man and while our inquiry is at a very early stage, we are confident this is an isolated incident.
"Efforts to confirm his identity and locate his next of kin are ongoing as we look to inform them of his death as soon as we can."
He said a forensic tent had been in place outside the property while specialist crime scene investigators examined the area, and a road closure was also in place at the A361 roundabout connecting Chilkwell Street and Bere Lane.
"Residents will continue to see increased levels of police activity while enquiries are carried out and we’d encourage anyone with concerns to speak to an officer from the local neighbourhood policing team, which will be carrying out additional reassurance patrols," Chief Insp Pritchard added.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact police on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5222091818.