Man left sexual photos in public
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man has admitted leaving private sexual photographs of his victim in public.
The man, who lives in Bristol, printed off pictures of his victim – whose identity is being kept anonymous – and left them for other people to view in Nailsea.
He also admitted a second charge of harassment on Thursday and was handed a six-month suspended prison sentence at North Somerset Courthouse.
It is the first time anyone within the Avon and Somerset Constabulary force area has been sentenced for the new offence, which is often known as ‘revenge porn’.
Somerset Area Superintendent Mike Prior said: “This man committed a truly vindictive act designed to cause humiliation and distress to his victim. The victim has been fully supportive of our investigation and we’d like to praise her courage in coming forward and reporting the offence to us.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s time to see offences like this as socially unacceptable with the potential to result in some very serious consequences.”
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset