Man jailed for filming 15-year-old stepdaughter in shower
- Credit: Archant
A Nailsea man who recorded his stepdaughter in the shower and filmed up schoolgirls’ skirts has been jailed for 12 months.
Daniel Esposito, aged 31, from Dorchester Close, appeared at Bristol Crown Court on June 7 after pleading guilty to voyeurism and four acts of outraging public decency in 2014.
The court heard Esposito had been in a relationship with a woman who had two children – a 15-year-old girl and an eight-year-old boy – when the offences took place.
The victims, who did not wish their names to be printed, agreed to waive their anonymity to expose the details of the offences.
Speaking for the Crown Prosecution Service, Tara Wolfe said: “On September 2, the victim decided to take a shower. The defendant previously mentioned he was going to put an extractor fan in the shower and had made four holes in the ceiling.
“The girl had been putting toilet roll into the holes before having a shower. On this occasion she described having the sensation that somebody was watching her.
You may also want to watch:
“She looked up and noticed the toilet roll she’d put into the holes was gone.”
The court heard how she saw the defendant coming out of the loft when she left the bathroom.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 7 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
When questioned, the defendant said the victim was ‘mistaken’ as he had just been putting their suitcases back in the loft.
As a result of the incident, the victim moved out to live with her dad.
Her statement, which was read out in court, said: “I didn’t feel I could live there.
“This meant I couldn’t live with my mum or brother who was eight, which made me feel awful. It damaged my relationships with them.”
Esposito was arrested in April 2016 for a different matter and his phone and computer were analysed.
A recording of the victim in the shower was found on his phone along with covert footage where Esposito had aimed the camera up the skirts of schoolgirls in shops. There was also footage covertly filmed under the skirt of his partner.
Judge Lambert described Esposito as a ‘wicked’ man who has a sexual obsession with teenage girls.
He sentenced Esposito to 12 months in prison for each offence, to run concurrently, and made a restraining order preventing him from contacting the victims.