Killer driver jailed for Valentine’s Day death crash
- Credit: Archant
A ‘dangerous’ driver who killed a Nailsea teenager has been jailed this lunchtime (Monday).
James Bisset, aged 23, was sent to prison for seven years and four months at Bristol Crown Court today after he crashed into 18-year-old Alex Gould who was walking home after a night out.
Mr Gould died on Valentine’s Day last year and three other pedestrians were injured in the early-hours crash, one of which had to stay in hospital for almost six months.
Bisset, of Grace Close in Yatton, admitted back in November to charges of causing death and serious injury by dangerous driving and possession of a class A drug.
He was also above the legal drink-drive limit.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement released soon after the accident last February, Mr Gould’s family said their son was a ‘wonderful, beautiful, caring, genuine, loving young man with so much to live for’.
They added: “There aren’t enough words to describe what a magical human being Alex was and the loss we feel.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
“We were privileged to have him in our lives.
“He was the perfect son, brother, nephew, grandson and cousin.”
Bisset has also been disqualified from driving for seven years.
* For the full story, see Wednesday’s Times.