Killer driver jailed for Valentine’s Day death crash
- Credit: Archant
A ‘dangerous’ driver who killed a Nailsea teenager has been jailed this lunchtime (Monday).
James Bisset, aged 23, was sent to prison for seven years and four months at Bristol Crown Court today after he crashed into 18-year-old Alex Gould who was walking home after a night out.
Mr Gould died on Valentine’s Day last year and three other pedestrians were injured in the early-hours crash, one of which had to stay in hospital for almost six months.
Bisset, of Grace Close in Yatton, admitted back in November to charges of causing death and serious injury by dangerous driving and possession of a class A drug.
He was also above the legal drink-drive limit.
In a statement released soon after the accident last February, Mr Gould’s family said their son was a ‘wonderful, beautiful, caring, genuine, loving young man with so much to live for’.
They added: “There aren’t enough words to describe what a magical human being Alex was and the loss we feel.
- 1 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 2 Clevedonian wins competition to name new housing development
- 3 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 6 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 7 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 8 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 9 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 10 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
“We were privileged to have him in our lives.
“He was the perfect son, brother, nephew, grandson and cousin.”
Bisset has also been disqualified from driving for seven years.
* For the full story, see Wednesday’s Times.