Killer driver jailed for Valentine’s Day death crash
- Credit: Archant
A ‘dangerous’ driver who killed a Nailsea teenager has been jailed this lunchtime (Monday).
James Bisset, aged 23, was sent to prison for seven years and four months at Bristol Crown Court today after he crashed into 18-year-old Alex Gould who was walking home after a night out.
Mr Gould died on Valentine’s Day last year and three other pedestrians were injured in the early-hours crash, one of which had to stay in hospital for almost six months.
Bisset, of Grace Close in Yatton, admitted back in November to charges of causing death and serious injury by dangerous driving and possession of a class A drug.
He was also above the legal drink-drive limit.
In a statement released soon after the accident last February, Mr Gould’s family said their son was a ‘wonderful, beautiful, caring, genuine, loving young man with so much to live for’.
They added: “There aren’t enough words to describe what a magical human being Alex was and the loss we feel.
- 1 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 2 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 3 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 4 Festival date change due to Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations
- 5 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 6 Meet Clevedon's newest children's author
- 7 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 8 Wurzels return to Cadbury House for pre-Christmas West Country knees up
- 9 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'
- 10 Portishead Players ready for Christmas show
“We were privileged to have him in our lives.
“He was the perfect son, brother, nephew, grandson and cousin.”
Bisset has also been disqualified from driving for seven years.
* For the full story, see Wednesday’s Times.