Killer driver jailed for Valentine’s Day death crash
- Credit: Archant
A ‘dangerous’ driver who killed a Nailsea teenager has been jailed this lunchtime (Monday).
James Bisset, aged 23, was sent to prison for seven years and four months at Bristol Crown Court today after he crashed into 18-year-old Alex Gould who was walking home after a night out.
Mr Gould died on Valentine’s Day last year and three other pedestrians were injured in the early-hours crash, one of which had to stay in hospital for almost six months.
Bisset, of Grace Close in Yatton, admitted back in November to charges of causing death and serious injury by dangerous driving and possession of a class A drug.
He was also above the legal drink-drive limit.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement released soon after the accident last February, Mr Gould’s family said their son was a ‘wonderful, beautiful, caring, genuine, loving young man with so much to live for’.
They added: “There aren’t enough words to describe what a magical human being Alex was and the loss we feel.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
“We were privileged to have him in our lives.
“He was the perfect son, brother, nephew, grandson and cousin.”
Bisset has also been disqualified from driving for seven years.
* For the full story, see Wednesday’s Times.