Killer driver jailed for Valentine’s Day death crash
- Credit: Archant
A ‘dangerous’ driver who killed a Nailsea teenager has been jailed this lunchtime (Monday).
James Bisset, aged 23, was sent to prison for seven years and four months at Bristol Crown Court today after he crashed into 18-year-old Alex Gould who was walking home after a night out.
Mr Gould died on Valentine’s Day last year and three other pedestrians were injured in the early-hours crash, one of which had to stay in hospital for almost six months.
Bisset, of Grace Close in Yatton, admitted back in November to charges of causing death and serious injury by dangerous driving and possession of a class A drug.
He was also above the legal drink-drive limit.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement released soon after the accident last February, Mr Gould’s family said their son was a ‘wonderful, beautiful, caring, genuine, loving young man with so much to live for’.
They added: “There aren’t enough words to describe what a magical human being Alex was and the loss we feel.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
“We were privileged to have him in our lives.
“He was the perfect son, brother, nephew, grandson and cousin.”
Bisset has also been disqualified from driving for seven years.
* For the full story, see Wednesday’s Times.