In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from February 28 to March 28.
* Lee Cooper, Chapel Hill, Clevedon (35). Threatening violence: six-month prison sentence, restraining order and ordered to pay £115 victim surcharge.
* Sarah Van De Velde, Mendip Road, Yatton (46). Speeding: six penalty points, fined £450 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £45 victim surcharge.
* Lech Rzecki, Lower Queens Road, Clevedon (33). Assault: fined £500 and ordered to pay £150 compensation, £85 costs and £50 victim surcharge.
* George Cooper, Mendip Road, Portishead (21). Drug-driving: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Simon Reynolds, Beaconsfield Road, Clevedon (32). Assault and damaging personal property: two-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay £200 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
* Darren Colecliffe, Tetbury Gardens, Nailsea (43). Driving without valid licence and possession of class B drug: community order. Driving without valid insurance: No separate penalty. Drug-driving: Disqualified from driving for 12 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
* David Rogers, North Street, Nailsea (36). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Victoria Gibbs, Horsecastle Farm Road, Yatton (48). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 21 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.