In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from February 28 to March 28.
* Lee Cooper, Chapel Hill, Clevedon (35). Threatening violence: six-month prison sentence, restraining order and ordered to pay £115 victim surcharge.
* Sarah Van De Velde, Mendip Road, Yatton (46). Speeding: six penalty points, fined £450 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £45 victim surcharge.
* Lech Rzecki, Lower Queens Road, Clevedon (33). Assault: fined £500 and ordered to pay £150 compensation, £85 costs and £50 victim surcharge.
* George Cooper, Mendip Road, Portishead (21). Drug-driving: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Simon Reynolds, Beaconsfield Road, Clevedon (32). Assault and damaging personal property: two-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay £200 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
* Darren Colecliffe, Tetbury Gardens, Nailsea (43). Driving without valid licence and possession of class B drug: community order. Driving without valid insurance: No separate penalty. Drug-driving: Disqualified from driving for 12 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
* David Rogers, North Street, Nailsea (36). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
* Victoria Gibbs, Horsecastle Farm Road, Yatton (48). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 21 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.