In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse, near Weston-super-Mare, from June 9 to July 20:
* Jonathan Eastwood (28), of North End Road, Yatton. Drink-driving: Fined £150 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with 10 penalty points.
* Liam Flynn (20), of Yew Tree Gardens, Nailsea. Drug-driving: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 150 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months. Driving without a licence: No separate penalty. Driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Failure to stop when ordered by police: No separate penalty.
* Sophie Davies (38), of Briary Road, Portishead. Threatening behaviour: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £85 costs, £50 compensation and £50 victim surcharge.
* David Newton (37), of Briary Road, Portishead. Assault: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £390 compensation, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
* Steve Neath (44), of Mendip Road, Yatton. Sending an offensive message: 12-month community order, 18-month restraining order, ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge.
* Richard Lane (25), of Severn Road, Portishead. Taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent, leading to damage: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 120 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months. Driving without insurance: Fined £120. Driving without a licence: Fined £40.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead